Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Lost and never to be found


It’s complicated.
Sometimes I think I live inside of you, in your possession,
Very prized, I’d hope.
Then I realise that you live inside of me, I can’t seem to move on.
When you left words unsaid,
I completed them for you,
I said everything I wanted you to say to me,
I thought that was love.
I loved the sound of your name after mine,
I’d thought of names for our kids,
I’d was happy tailing your footsteps and dwelling in your shadow,
I wanted in every sense to be one with you.
I hate myself, for dreaming.
Seasons have come and gone,
I tried to forget things about you,
I wonder if you had to try too hard,
Time is so kind; it does a phenomenal wash job,
Yesterday faint and fading,
Today all gone,
The smell of you, the sound of you, the feel of you,
This is nirvana!
I can’t believe I can feel so good again.
You've finally come looking for me?
I'm not sure whom I empathize with more
You'll never find me,
I'm not the same girl anymore.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so amazingly deep. you seem to know yourself well. i'm glad you're able to look beyond and move on. You deserve better.

Anonymous said...

"When you left words unsaid,
I completed them for you,
I said everything I wanted you to say to me,
I thought that was love."

Sweety that "is" love....Whether it is eros, philos, or agape. (Romantic, familial, and divine love)


this is so very beautiful

...loufoque citrouille said...

Time really is kind, nothing works like time, neither friends, nor rebounds..nothing works like time..love u...

Sreelatha Ramakrishnan said...

Lovely.something everyone of us can relate to our life..

Anonymous said...

Hi Aswana, I happened to view ur blog thru Meena. Well written. I could relate it to the happenings in my life as well. Expression put in right words.Its always good to look beyond and move on and not worry abt the past.
-Padma

Meena Venkataraman said...

Can't decide what I like more.. The Sheer Poetry ..or the oh so real insights.. :)
You haven't posted in a while?

arvindiyer said...

Some deep thoughts going around in the mind I see. Well, interesting post.. don't want to dig deep, since the surface looks amazing too:)

Pink-Spotted Scrunch. said...

:)Sorry all...long time...more noise soon!

justfeltlike said...

Beautiful. The pain pangs seem to come to life and stare at you in the face.

Kanika said...

Very very nice. What I really like is the photo you have put up. The blur, the orange lights, looking in a direction other than the forward, the longing - all fits in so well.

Aivinor said...

Fan

Deguide said...

Nice poetry thanks for sharing your longings

Vyankatesh said...

Deep thoughts.