Tuesday, November 13, 2007

All I want!


I want an antiquarian cottage on a knoll, far from the maddening crowds to call my home,
I want to wake up to the smell of freshly brewed coffee wafting into the room and sunshine on my face,
I want to sit on the porch, stare at the bright blue sky and smell the wild flowers in spring,
I want to run after my pup as he chases a fleeting cloud across our lawn,
I want to go on the longest drive after the rains with the strongest wind against my face,
I want that granddad I’d always wished for, who will tell me stories of our glorious past and the freedom fights,
I want to look at black and white picture of strangers with stranger expressions called ancestors,
I want to laugh so hard that I end up with tears in my eyes for no particular reason,
I want to roll on the grass and have a feather tickle my ear,
I want to eat with my hands and let out a subtle burp,
I want to have a delectable meal not feeling guilty I binged,
I want to travel to strange lands and embrace the differences and similarities,
I want to bust those occasional-turned-frequent pimples on my face and end up with no scars,
I want to splatter in the rain and not catch a cold,
I want a shoulder to lean on and a laced hanky to snort into when a sad movie ends,
I want to dabble in paint and lose myself in my favorite song,
I want to watch a ladybug sun bathe and a rainbow disappear,
I want to hear the leaves rustle and the wind blow,
I want to go on an endless walk holding the hand that’ll never let go,
I want to capture the happiest moments and the loveliest sights and treasure them in a photo,
I want to scribble on recyclable paper with bright blue ink in my father’s fountain pen,
I want to whimper and whine about problems that are not mine,
I want to see the sun go down and the moon come up,
I want to count the stars in the night sky and name the prettiest one after my grand mom,
I want to be hugged and told I’m loved
I want my mommy to kiss my scraped knees and bruises away,
I want to wear my warmest sweater and be tucked into bed
I want to fall asleep with a book in my arm, a pink quilt on my back and the happiest dream over my head.
But most of all I want to be four again.
That’s all I want!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Simply Brilliant!

Anonymous said...

I want to........fall in love with a girl LIKE you

Unknown said...

It's no comment abt the blog or article that i wish to begin with. It's the person.
A garrulous talker , a benevolent human being. An awe so close to tremendous adulation what can be said ,words are poor comforters !

The article so very well expressed anyone would go bonkers or should i say head over heels : )

Would like to keep my monologue lucid and sweet. It is said " Every COW has it's day " and offlate it's been your's.
Love well , live well and work well !
Zam.

Unknown said...

you made me want to want what you want! :)

Anonymous said...

"All I WANT" eh.. The title's no surprise!! But such idyllic simple desires. Was easy to connect . Vicariously enjoyed each line !! Took me way back!!! Really good, except for the " ...aroma of coffee ", line. Cliched. Loved the ending. The whole piece was akin to poetry.

Unknown said...

Took me back...It was wonderful..the journey was good...i enjoyed it.

Unknown said...

U made me sigh.....:) beautifully written....

Unknown said...

Ciby said....

I simply loved it ashoo...beautifully written....reminds me of me :))