Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Break Away


I’m not too much of a caffeine consumer nor a big believer in the goodness of smoke/walk breaks.
I think anyone who has seen me at work realizes that I have enough walk breaks forced on me day in and out as I trot from one dreaded meeting to another.
When I’m on one of these work imposed walk breaks, I find myself admiring the people motley spread across various zones in the office, indulging in self righteous cloning to fit into the social mold.
Total strangers exchanging nods of rapprochement across their shared hot spots, Stimulants in the form of coffee and pretty girls sitting aplomb (talk about the absolute dearth of good looking men at work!), hysterical laughter in the corridors, ephemeral clouds of fancy perfumes, office couples who (sometimes!)make you wish you had your better half right by your side all day, the raconteur of every group animatedly reporting the latest gossip, pathetic souls hopeful for promotions looming in the background as they nod in agreement with every word the boss utters over their routine smoke breaks, high maintenance babes on the way back from the rest room freshly painted faces and the works, brotherhood of the stalkers, the mommy’s association engaged in agitated talks about the forthcoming school exams, strangers clutching onto resumes waiting anxiously in the lobby to be interviewed, the security staff looking at people suspiciously at the beep of every swipe card...the sheer diversity of the multitude of people...all the drama, the colors, the noises...makes for some unadulterated entertainment!
I couldn’t agree more…All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players; they have their exits and their entrances.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the way you relate thoughts and events...I am totally a fan of yours!