Thursday, July 31, 2008

And the rain came down...


Some wise man once said...Nature, like man, sometimes weeps from gladness.
I just love the rains.
Flirty monsoon gusts, car wipers that slide almost rhythmically, writing against the fine mist collected on the windshield, kids in gum boots going splitter splatter, bright umbrellas, rolled up jeans, paper boats in puddles, the sound of rain on rooftops, funky PVC bags, steaming momos and piping hot lemon tea.
All this, provided the heavens open out when I’m snug and safe within the four walls of my house. I can sit by the window with some hot chocolate and look out endlessly.
Have I told you how much I hate being trapped out in the rain?
Clouded skies, toxic drops of acid rain, flooding ditches and gutters, vehicles that spray water at your face, monsoon traffic jams, frizzy hair, dampness, wet clothes, seepage in buildings, umbrellas blown inside out, power cuts, thunder and lightning...God, I hate the rains!
But what I do love is the “after rain” effects...sunshine after the rain, the breeze that carries the smell of wet mud, desolate rain kissed streets, clear skies, beaming rainbows and hope.
I’m gonna bury myself in my cubby hole, book, quit et al. I hope it rains for a really long time.
For me,for the farmers,for everyone.

3 comments:

arvindiyer said...

The rains.. ahhhh they bring out the best in anyone. The breeze carryin the drops, they caress your face like a mother does to her little child. The love, a warmth in a different way. Little birds brushin the water off them, standing under a tree after the rain and playing with the branches...

wingsofdeztiny said...

rain and steaming momos, what a combination! Hope is the best thing a bit of rain has to offer. Charming.

Pink-Spotted Scrunch. said...

Well, i have to admit i love sunshine a tad bit more but then again it takes both rain and sunshine to make a rainbow....so well, there you go...i love em all! :)