Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Window into a windy week


Its been all gloomy, deep inside and outdoors too!
Got back to a routinely uninspiring Monday morning. Except this time, I was only glad to leave behind the last week. It’s been a week since she’s gone.
I’m thankful though for today and everything that it holds. Like Calvin says, that's one of the remarkable things about life. It's never so
bad that it can't get worse. The last seven days have been eventful.
Best friend stuck in hurricane Ike left me chewing every nail off my fingers.
Boss thinks I need to be in office before 10:00am every day. He makes it a team rule. He is soaring high on the popularity chart.
158-year-old Lehman Brothers choked by the credit crisis have been forced into crying out Amen.
The working week pretty much a movie marathon to ameliorate my plaintive frame of mind. Dull days are for movies to takeover my life and they always seem to work magic for the cinemaphile in me.
Watched Mumbai meri jaan and a Wednesday, the Saturday blasts at Delhi followed soon after. Some timing, huh.
Communal comity seems to be a distant dream with every passing day. Sadly, we’re waking up every day to the acceptance of these very things.
Neeraj Pandey’s, A Wednesday may rekindle an awakening inside of you like it did for me. I hope to catch Tahaan one of these days.
Watched another flick that had been sitting in my rack for some time now…Meet the Robinsons. Liked the movie and loved the sound track, Little wonders by Rob Thomas.
Never really been such a big fan of Matchbox Twenty but this song is something else .Really!
The main chorus goes;
Our lives are made in these small hours, these little wonders, these twists and turns of fate…
Time falls away, but these small hours, these small hours still remain….
It’ll make quite an anthem for a small-things person like me.
Watched Sense and sensibility. I love anything to do with Jane Austen. Pride and Prejudice is one of my favorite movies.
I also loved Becoming Jane. There are so many more Jane Austen on my to-watch list.

I’ve started reading “The house of Blue Mangoes”, it was a gift from SRP. I’m sure he bought it for me so he can read it :)
Finally finished “Freedom at midnight” after putting it away for years. Think I liked Dominique Lappier’s “City of Joy” so much better or maybe it was because I was a lot younger?
None of my opinions have changed about partition. Found out something I thought to be an eerie coincidence, Jinnah died on the 11 September,1948.
Maybe I’m babbling. Yawn. Let’s call it a day. Nighty night.

1 comment:

arvindiyer said...

Reading this post felt like reading a newspaper:) Only a lot more interesting.
Nice to see you back and the movie sessions sound lovely. Smile away.